Saturday, April 21, 2007

So this my latest idea ...over the next couple of week I am going to chronicle my searching at setting up of my new home. I am hoping it will give me (and you) an insight into the problems with being a young single guy in this city.I mean 90% of the house owners dont want to rent their place to a single guy (they want families) and the 10% that will charges through the nose.

So my aim is to find a 2 bedroom house (minimum) within the minimum amount of money that I can spend .One huge problem with rentals in Bangalore is that you are expected to give 10 months rent as security deposit.Which is something crazy...I have a friend in boston and she was shocked when she heard this.

Now I am looking at a small place in a quiet locality but not to far from the centre of town.Want it to a relatively new house...no leaks,damp etc etc.HAS TO HAVE nice toilets . Light and airy...not too much is it? Bah you would think that I am asking for a house made of gingerbread with gold plated taps in the toilet ! People ask for absured rates for dark dingy hell holes.One guy wanted 10 grand for a house next to a graveyard in the middle of nowhere.

Anyway am looking at a house tommorow whose looks i kinda like from the outside...lets see how it goes...

Like the old Irish saying goes..."We travel hopefully"... :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Poorna Banerjee said...

hope... that foul, deceitful thing...

Any luck, though?

8:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home